- Description. A San Diego County voucher pilot program providing respite for caregivers of those with Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias (ADRD).
- Costs. The voucher is intended as a subsidy with the County of San Diego Health and Human Services Agency, Aging & Independence Services contributing 50% to respite expenses. The remaining cost to voucher recipients in 2019 is as follows:
- Home Care, per hour: $13.50
- Adult Day Program, per full day: $54.00
- Assisted Living, per night: $123.50
- Qualification. To qualify, a patient must have some type of ADRD (where most cognitive impairment qualifies) and the primary caregiver must demonstrate some level of stress related to the situation.
- Benefits. After a screening by Coast Care Partners, recipients will receive one service under one of the following levels:
- Silver and Gold programs: limited weekly respite care
- Home Care: up to 720 hours
- Assisted Living: Up to 14 consecutive days
Other conditions apply.
To apply, call (888) 667-9237