- Description. A San Diego County voucher pilot program providing respite for caregivers of those with Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias (ADRD).
- Costs. The voucher is intended as a subsidy with the County of San Diego Health and Human Services Agency, Aging & Independence Services contributing 50% to respite expenses. The remaining cost to voucher recipients in 2021 is as follows:
- Home Care, per hour: $15.74
- Adult Day Program, per full day: $62.99
- Assisted Living, per night: $144.05
Qualification. To qualify, a patient must have some type of ADRD (where most cognitive impairment qualifies) and the primary caregiver must demonstrate some level of stress related to the situation.
- Benefits. After a screening by Coast Care Partners, recipients will choose services under one of the following categories:
- Home Care
- 168 total hours available
- Minimum shift length is 6 hours
- Ongoing weekly shifts required
- Assisted Living
- 13 nights at a participating facility
- Minimum stay requirements vary by facility
- Adult Day Program
- 30 full days of attendance at a participating center
- Frequency of weekly attendance will vary and is at the discretion of the individual center
- Home Care
- Waitlist. From time to time and as funding permits, entry into the program may not be immediately available. While pending program entry, Home Care Services are available at CCP standard rates. Applicants may join the waitlist with or without receiving care at standard rates. As of Sept 24, 2021, there is no waitlist for services.
Other conditions apply.